Xanterra
www.xanterra.com Lakewood, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Beautiful Place, Awesome employees, Terrible Company

Guest Service Agent (Current Employee)
Yellowstone National Park, WY

ProsThe pro's are good. You will work in a beautiful place with some of the most interesting coworkers from all over the world. Your housing and food are taken care of and you still make a paycheck.

ConsThe pay is low, you handle MASS amounts of guests, far more than any other resort I have worked for. The hours can be long, especially if you work in the Kitchen or Dining rooms. Lots of employees will be fired for unknown reasons and you WILL pick up the slack. This season (Summer 2012) we had a Ranger present nearly every night at the dorms, doing searches and arresting employees. Of course some were warranted, but still it seemed excessive. With the exception of the Front Desk Management, which I found to be very pleasant and effective, the management in the Canyon area were quite terrible. Lots of overworked and underpaid folks being treated like slaves especially towards the end of the season.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook past the small stuff so that we can keep the employees we have and so that we don't get overworked.

Good place to gain experience

Director (Former Employee)
    Furnace Creek, CA

I worked at Xanterra full-time for more than a year

Pros: Free food, cheap housing, opportunities for advancement, friendly and well… Cons: There are properties run by Xanterra all over the country, corporate Xanterra seems either unaware or unconcerned with whats going on at their properties. IE… Advice to Senior Management: Find out whats really going on at your properties (especially… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Left me wanting

Relief Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee)
    Canyon Village, WY

I worked at Xanterra full-time for less than a year

Pros: Lots of work for every type of employee. Easy training, good… Cons: Lackluster management team. I became a relief manager very quickly because my actual manager… Advice to Senior Management: Don't run off the people doing the most work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Xanterra.

Worked for Xanterra? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xanterra reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Xanterra CEO Andrew N Todd. All reviews posted anonymously by Xanterra employees.