Xanterra
www.xanterra.com Lakewood, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Server in Yellowstone National Park

Server (Former Employee)
Yellowstone National Park, WY

ProsLive and work in the park! I got the chance to spend the entire season in Yellowstone. I met so many awesome people from around the world, while making REALLY good money.

ConsAs a server we did 48-50 hour work weeks. Many times you work until 11-12 at night and are expected to work breakfast at 6 AM. Lots of people got fired for things done outside of work. I.E. Underage drinking, drugs, public intox and so on. How you behave yourself outside of work does matter a lot here. With so many people being fired, and no one new being hired, the work loads and shifts continued to get heavier. Dorm living isn't terrible. Employee dining room wasn't the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage more teamwork! There were no negative (or positive) reinforcements for teamwork, so many people only worked the 'bare minimum', which is really frustrating in a FOH position.

Terrible.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Xanterra full-time for less than a year

Pros: Nothing positive to say about this company. Cons: Have to pay for meals you do not eat, management… Advice to Senior Management: For the employees not for yourself. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to gain experience

Director (Former Employee)
    Furnace Creek, CA

I worked at Xanterra full-time for more than a year

Pros: Free food, cheap housing, opportunities for advancement, friendly and well… Cons: There are properties run by Xanterra all over the country, corporate Xanterra seems either unaware or unconcerned with whats going on at their properties. IE… Advice to Senior Management: Find out whats really going on at your properties (especially… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Xanterra.

Worked for Xanterra? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xanterra reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Xanterra CEO Andrew N Todd. All reviews posted anonymously by Xanterra employees.