Xceed Technologies

There are newer employer reviews for Xceed Technologies

Work environment

Current Employee - Manager Software Engineer in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Manager Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Xceed Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Small company in good location near reston va. They have neat techology and good customers. like the fellow workers.

Cons

The CEO is closed minded and thinks of us as his "people".....expects everyone to work 12 hours a day and come to work even when it snows all day. Not a nice person.

Either sell the company or bring in new leadership to build the company.Our competition has won many customers from us and it is because of the CEO. He has no understanding of people.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Xceed Technologies (View Most Recent)

It is a great place to work.

I have been working at Xceed Technologies

Pros

1. Exellent work environment to learn and grow
    2. Knowledge sharing
    3. Challenging work
    4. Good benefits, twice year bonus and salary increases
    5. Complete your project and no one is watching the clock
    6. Accessable and good Management
    7. Very good reputation in the industry

Cons

1. It is small to mid size company
    2. Things are happening too fast

I have followed Xceed for awhile and my advice to management is to keep up the good work and ensure that the company maintains it reputation in porduct development and customer service. Also, consider developing additional products to address other needs of the wireless networks.

Xceed Technologies Review

I have been working at Xceed Technologies

Pros

Xceed Technologies is a small company and the work is challenging and fast paced. There is never a boring moment. But thats as far as it gets on the plus side.

Cons

1. Xceed Technology management is management is Type A workaholic in nature. They own the company and have the most to benefit. They expect the same crazy working hours from all their employees, but there is not recognition or even a decent thank you for the hard work.
    2. Management is extremely controlling and paranoid. There is a general fear that pervades the environment. There is a strong egoistical strain in the management. Feedback is taken very negatively and personally, so forget about trying to be open with positive feedback.
    3. Pretty much everyone is on a H1B visa. This allows the management to control the workforce and extract a lot more out of the employees unfairly.
    4. There is not much new learning. You work hard, you put in extra time for all the project work. And then they still expect you to learn on your own time! There is practically no formal training provided by the company.
    5. There is very poor work-life balance in this 'work, work, work' type environment. Including late nights and weekends are a norm. This is the most stressful job I have had ever.

With a typical poor small-company benefits and poor bonus/reward, I do not know why someone would want to work for Xceed unless you are desperate for a job or stuck with a H1B at Xceed. But for someone looking for new emplyment at Xceed, I hope this review provides some good warning signs.

1. Be professional in your conduct towards employees. Be fair.
    2. Be fair in expectations from employees, and strealmline the chain of command - different people in senior management continue to own the employees and demand multiple, different things at the same time.
    3. Respect Work-Life balance. Do not extract everythign out of an employee just because you can.

There are newer employer reviews for Xceed Technologies