Xcel Energy
www.xcelenergy.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Extremely Hard Job for Extremely low pay

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Roseville, MN

I have been working at Xcel Energy

ProsI was excited and proud to have been hired by a company I thought was good to it's employees.
The location was easy to get to and parking was not a problem

ConsI was hired as a "Temporary Associate" which meant I had no benefits and told that after three months I would be able to "progress" to a benefited Associate, but after a year I never scored high enough to qualify for progression.
There is a 7 week training and it is not enough time to train you about all the possible aspects of the utility industry.
People can be very rude and downright nasty about outages and paying their bills.
Very stressful job and burnout is very common.
I consistently received the highest customer ratings but it did not affect nor influence my opportunity to progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementProgressing from a temporary Customer Service Agent to a benefited position should be guaranteed after 6 months. There is a high turn over because the starting pay is too low and there are no benefits.

good

Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Xcel Energy

Pros: prestige with job title, money and retirement programs Cons: high tempo and high stress work environment Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very Good Place to Work

Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Xcel Energy

Pros: Its like a government job: there company is very well… Cons: Its like a government job: there is a lot of… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of your people, and your people will take… More

There are newer reviews on Xcel Energy.

Worked for Xcel Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xcel Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Xcel Energy CEO Benjamin G.S. Fowke III. All reviews posted anonymously by Xcel Energy employees.