Xcel Energy

www.xcelenergy.com

Worked power plts PSCo, NCE, and Xcel 25 yrs non-union / supervision, glad to be retired, many changes, much negativity.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Pueblo, CO

ProsGood pay, good benefits, fair job security, advancement possible, diversity, excellent safety record (in power plants) longevity, competent tech trades. Good people work here.

ConsLoss of Medical benefits @ retirement for non-union, still "Good ole boy " mentality in power plant management (Station director, Ops & Mtce mgr's) Power plant mgmnt should be degreed engineers or business with tech background. Disconnect between Plant management's treatment of Union vs. non-union / 1st line supervision. Need more Team building.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare in selecting, training, promoting into power plant management. Engineering / business with tech background preferred. People skills are OK but not as important as tech decision making ability ie. $$$ decisions on unit reliability & readiness, repair. The company has plenty of opportunities elsewhere for non-degreed managers, should not be in state-of-the-art power plants. Improve retirement medical.

Old school company trying to move forward.

Quality Academy Assistant (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Xcel Energy

Pros: People who want to make a difference. Cons: The company in my opinion is very slow to change… Advice to Senior Management: More mentoring for improved employee satisfaction. More

Good Place to Work

Supervisor (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Xcel Energy

Pros: I was paid a nice salary, received good bonuses and had excellent benefits. I enjoyed working at this company because they treated me very… Cons: I had to work at the downtown Minneapolis office which added time to my commute. Plus, you have to pay for your own parking… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Xcel Energy.

Worked for Xcel Energy? Contribute to the Community!