There are newer employer reviews for Xchanging

Are you kidding me? Who wrote that?

Current Employee - Adjuster in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Adjuster in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Xchanging

Pros

Let me think of a pro.....parking garage is great, exercise room within the building is also valuable, no walls on the cubicle could be a pro to some to be exposed to all to hear and see you all day long.

Cons

Before the British came in and took over it was a tolerable place to work. After that all went down hill. Brits said "We listen to the workers and not management cause they know the system and do the work" . Then what happened to our MSA department? The most experience employees we had were fired after reaching a 1m annual goal. Those that were left were looked over for advancement and continue to be treated as illiterate candidates for growth or advancement. The old Senior Management are fearful for their jobs and therefore tell the Brits what they want to hear. We have not had a pay raise in 4 years and the deductible on our health benefits is so high it is not worth having it. When the new manager of our department was brought in she was never introduced to us by management. No email no anything, just this person who showed up one day. Communication and information is not broad-casted to the employees.

Do as you say and listen to your employees, they hold the key to Xchanging future. Bring back those at any expense, that ran our cash cow department that is now being run in Texas by people who do not know how to spell "MSA". There has not been any new business here in months and our MSA department is what pays our salaries.

reviews filtered by
  1. Worst work culture in Xchanging

Former Employee - Anonymous in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Xchanging full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will get immediately recognized once you resign.(if you are worth it).

Cons

Nepotism in Senior Management (Bangalore) kills the business. Too many unwanted Service Lines
    created without any business. Hefty Pay package for the Heads of these Service-Linese but No Use
    for business. Top Management in UK (London) must review this Nepotism and Unwanted Service Lines
    in Bangalore.

There is No Bench concept in this Xchanging Solutions Ltd.
    Heard, Lot of people fired recently in Xchanging ITO (AES Business) without any reason.

Please remove the Unwanted Service Lines in India (Bangalore).
    Reassess what you are doing and question why good staff anf talented managers are leaving in
    droves. Get a more global attitude.

Please get up from your cushy seats and try connecting with the customer. This is why you are losing out to peers and also losing business. Stop using bad rotten words.That proves your level and ability !!!

2. No sense of direction, no regard for its people

Former Employee - Software Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Software Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Xchanging

Pros

There are opportunities for travel, and there is a good social culture in some offices. The people are generally excellent and work very hard, and the level of energy and passion is great.

The marketing team have done a great job of creating a cohesive identity within the company.

Cons

The company doesn't really seem to know what it's for, and so tries to be everything to everyone.

The hierarchical culture is very old fashioned. The bosses are venerated almost to a cult status, and everyone else is expected to work all hours of the day to please them.

Staff are constantly reminded that they are seen as a cost first, and a source of value second. In ten year's service I saw 6 redundancy programs. This results in everybody being defensive and focussing on demonstrating (rather than actually creating) value.

There is a political culture which advances people who say the acceptable things over those who deliver the most value. Advancement is hard won and poorly rewarded. If you don't join as a Director, don't expect to become one - they're always recruited externally.

Pick a thing and do that. I would suggest that the thing should be technology, but it doesn't matter. Pick one thing, focus on doing that thing excellently, and divest the business of everything else. Help your middle teams understand the place in the market better - stop trying to compete in spaces which are owned by massive corporations 50 times your size.

In the people of Xchanging there is the seed of something excellent. Focus on unlocking that and the company could be brilliant, but people need to believe that there is no risk of them being made redundant on someone's whim.

There are newer employer reviews for Xchanging