There are newer employer reviews for Xchanging

Are you kidding me? Who wrote that?

Current Employee - Adjuster in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Adjuster in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Xchanging

Pros

Let me think of a pro.....parking garage is great, exercise room within the building is also valuable, no walls on the cubicle could be a pro to some to be exposed to all to hear and see you all day long.

Cons

Before the British came in and took over it was a tolerable place to work. After that all went down hill. Brits said "We listen to the workers and not management cause they know the system and do the work" . Then what happened to our MSA department? The most experience employees we had were fired after reaching a 1m annual goal. Those that were left were looked over for advancement and continue to be treated as illiterate candidates for growth or advancement. The old Senior Management are fearful for their jobs and therefore tell the Brits what they want to hear. We have not had a pay raise in 4 years and the deductible on our health benefits is so high it is not worth having it. When the new manager of our department was brought in she was never introduced to us by management. No email no anything, just this person who showed up one day. Communication and information is not broad-casted to the employees.

Advice to Management

Do as you say and listen to your employees, they hold the key to Xchanging future. Bring back those at any expense, that ran our cash cow department that is now being run in Texas by people who do not know how to spell "MSA". There has not been any new business here in months and our MSA department is what pays our salaries.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. xchanging environment

I worked at Xchanging

Pros

Good environment
    learning opportunity
    outing & celebrations
    floor activities

Cons

High Expectation from less experience or newly joined resources.

Lack of direction & understanding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Genuine, skilled & hard working professionals within the insurance sector
    Dedication to ensure customer service is fulfilled and to build long term relationships
    Work life balance is pretty good, management flexible to meet individual needs

Cons

The staff are disengaged, too many projects, plans and incentives are proposed and never delivered. Multiple relaunches of employee engagement initiatives that are never followed up.

Despite the skilled staff, middle management treat staff as cost base first instead of valued employees. This is reflected in average salaries and secrecy around salary grades and bands.

Little to no career progression within the Insurance Sector.

Most of the staff are either disengaged or actively looking for roles elsewhere.

The overall strategy of the company is muddled, it doesn't know what to focus on and as such delivers little. There is also a lack of investment in key parts of the organisation that have to "make do and mend", technology enabled & inspiring innovation are so far off the mark as to be laughable

Advice to Management

Work out what you want to do and do it.

Invest in the infrastructure and most importantly recognise the employees for the work they do above and beyond what is asked of them

Communicate and keep the communication simple by removing the Xchanging Business speak.