Xerox Audio Visual Solutions

www.xeroxaudiovisual.com
There are newer employer reviews for Xerox Audio Visual Solutions

Decent Job if you need experience in outside sales/account management

Former Employee - Account Manager in Morrisville, NC
Former Employee - Account Manager in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Xerox Audio Visual Solutions

Pros

Flexible schedule, ability to work from home. Brand-name Recognition, although people will assume you sell copiers and printers, even though you don't. Ability to have control over your own schedule and the money you make to a certain degree.

Cons

Low Base Salary, Commission Structure is weak and does not allow top performers to make the money they deserve. It depends on your sales manager, but they tend to show favoritism and give stronger territories, accounts to people based upon how much they like them, not merit or job performance, tenure, or any other factors. Disorganized and poor management in general. Micromanagement but does not provide resources needed for success.

Respect your employees who work hard, don't show obvious favoritism.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Xerox Audio Visual Solutions (View Most Recent)

My Xerox experience was a insightful view of how a subsidiary is operated

Former Employee - Purchasing in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Purchasing in Norcross, GA

I worked at Xerox Audio Visual Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to a vast array of vendors and distributors.

Cons

Being a small company there is limited growth potential.

Strive to utilize staff in a manner that presents growth opportunities for employees.

Very capable company

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager
    Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager

I have been working at Xerox Audio Visual Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company has the full backing of Xerox Corporate. This gives us the ability to handle larger jobs than any other company in the industry without concern of the payment terms. This is great news for the sales team as we don't have to be picky about what business we go after.

Cons

The leadership sometimes seems lost when it comes to a winning strategy for profitable business. Only one of the executive team has a background in this industry. This makes it difficult to convince them to approve decisions about hiring, jobs, business, training or promotions with references to industry-specific details. They generalize practices based on their experience in other industries and more times than not it just doesn't work out apples to apples. Executive management has gotten really unrealistic with financial compensation and training policies.

Use the expertise of your employees with much more experience in this specific industry than yourselves. HEAR what we say and apply it, don't just "listen."
    Don't always assume you know best because this is a quirky and unique industry and your experience in other industries doesn't convert exactly..

There are newer employer reviews for Xerox Audio Visual Solutions