There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

Rewarding

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Uxbridge, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England (UK)

I worked at Xerox

Pros

Relaxed, Practical environment to work in

Cons

Slow paced, recent competitive struggle

1738 Other Employee Reviews for Xerox (View Most Recent)

It was a fun place to work when I started 28+ years ago but the joy is fading fast.

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

As a customer service engineer, you are seldom in the same place all day. Constantly changing work situations, new challenges, keep the day interesting. Unfortunately, with the downsizing we have undergone lately, the days can be long and the number of miles traveled can be excessive. I have already driven over 70K in my 2010 company van.

Cons

You must learn to live on the salary that is the minimal that Xerox will pay. Empty promises about "bonus" programs that have the possibility to bring in income increases are never realized. Many tasks are directed to be done on a timeline created by managers who have no idea of the daily challenges placed on the workforce. Constant micromanaging by clueless front line managers create an atmosphere of mistrust and ever-decreasing morale.

Wake up and listen to the employees who yell "the king has no clothes!" Practice the ideas that are spouted by upper management and LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN to the employees that deal with our customers on a daily basis. Our customers are our reason for existance...without them we have no reason for exist. The great ship Xerox is taking on water.....stop rearranging the deck furniture!

Great learning experience, job challenges you to learn quickly and strengthen skills. (multitask & problem solving

Current Employee - Fulfillment Analyst  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

- Great starting salary
    - people are friendly

Cons

- Management does a terrible job to motivate employees
    - MUST stay in position for 2 years before any type of promotion
    - Cant get a decent paying position unless you do sales
    - Management does not listen to their employees
    - Unfair promotions (people who are less deserving than you tend to get the jobs)
    - Unattractive working environment

Listen to your employees, speak to your employees before a big decision is made, work on treating each employee with the same amount of respect and recognition.

There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!