Not confident in the current direction or how it is being implemented

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Still has really great people to work with.
Still has a good line of products and services.
Size and diversity of work still allows for movement within company

Cons

Wages are stagnant (at least for the worker bees)
Benefits continue to eroded to the point where they are not good any longer
Employee morale is at an all time low with no apparent interest in try to improve it
Mixed message on future of R & D
Regular Outsourcing and layoffs of skilled professionals seems to be a way of life

The current direction of reductions in R&D and focusing on low paying high turnover services jobs is shortsighted . Engineers and researchers should be the resource that helps with the new direction, not be seen as the problem that needs to be outsourced or eliminated. You can't buy creativity, innovation , and attitude on the open market as a commodity.

Other Reviews for Xerox

Great place to learn and develop your skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Opportunity to work in a global company and develop skills in diverse technologies and services. It is a great place for college grads to start and grow.

Cons

Not a lot of cons. Salaries are not that competitive compared to other companies, but on the average you can make a good living. Benefits are not top of the line, but it could be worse. The company is going through a metamorphosis so be ready to change any time.

Hotwire Customer Service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tigard, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

I have been working at Xerox for less than a year

Pros

I like the other customer service reps I work with. It is also a casual environment.

Cons

They offer you one thing at your interview, and then you find out that you can only make your 'bonuses' if you meet extremely unrealistic goals. There are no pay raises. They can change your shift in the middle of your shift. .

Supervisors who take supervisor calls, instead of making irate customers stay on hold for more than 20 minutes. Realistic goals. When you have over 100 minutes of hold time in a day, it's impossible to meet the goals. Take a day or two and be on the receiving end of our calls so you know what we are dealing with.

There are newer employer reviews for Xerox.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!