There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

Xerox is not the same company it once was

Former Employee - Software Development in Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Software Development in Rochester, NY

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you get in the right job, you could have long career there, however those jobs are getting fewer and fewer.

Cons

The company is slowly getting out of the copier and printer business and outsourcing it to India, which in turns sheds employees.

Advice to Management

Their is low morale and employees are just marking time until they get laid off and their job is sent to India. Wall Street may love Ursula Burns, but many employees are cursing her name.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

1. I work with a great group of people and with a variety of different technology solutions.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Portland, OR

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people I would say make it a great place to work plus my job is really flexible in allowing me to have a life around it.

Cons

Just like any Corporation these days getting salary increases do not come easy.

Advice to Management

Make Xerox a one Xerox instead of having several pieces which have different management and benefits make it more united in pay scale too.

Great if you know what you're signing up for.

Current Employee - Client Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Xerox full-time

Pros

The company employs great people and respects individual arrangements (occasional work from home, etc). They are at the top of the industry.

Cons

The e-discovery industry is very demanding. Regardless of employer, you are expected to have 24/7 availability. Workload is not predictable and projects come at any time of day/night. Since this company is growing, random immediate work requests come frequently.

Advice to Management

They are doing the right thing by adding overnight shifts to alleviate demands put on client management. It's an uphill battle as the learning curve is long and the growth is fast.