Depressing place to work

Current Employee - Engineer in Wilsonville, OR
Current Employee - Engineer in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is opportunity for learning and growth. I like the people that I have worked with.

Cons

No raises, constantly worried about layoffs, everyone is looking for a new job. It is not a positive work environment at this point.

Advice to Management

Does it matter if I had advice, management has made it clear that they do not care to hear from their employees. we are just a number on a page, a number that Ursula Burn's believes needs to be reduced.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Constant unease about what the future will bring

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great campus, great people, good line managers. Great work-life balance.

Cons

The constant quarter to quarter cuts makes it almost impossible to do the job I am employed to do. When I start a new project I assume that a month or two down the road, it will be stopped due to cuts. This makes me wonder what it is exactly the senior management are trying to achieve. If senior management want to destroy what Xerox is primarily known for, they should continue the constant de-funding of R&D. I used to love working for Xerox. I'm currently looking for a new employer.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff and show that you care that moral is appalling.

Services and Solutions Executive (SSE)

Current Employee - SSE in Glens Falls, NY
    Current Employee - SSE in Glens Falls, NY

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great manager (but i am one of the lucky ones). Direction of company is great, but not for a sales rep and not for about 5 years. Great work life balance - but you need it.

Cons

Compensation cut in half on equipment to start our year. one of the most miserable companies I could ever be a part of. extremely negative work environment. Sales people have been completely neglected since their transformation has begun. This is an honest genuine opinion that everyone working for Xerox would give you. Xerox is a company that hurts themselves. You can lose accounts because Xerox can not deliver on what they promise and the sales rep is the one who takes all the heat. Programs used internally are ancient. Xerox basically screwed the sales reps and techs so bad that they were all forced to leave. Instead of having mass layoffs bringing their stock price down even lower, they decided to take the route of forcing people out. You dont want to work for a company like this. Believe me when i tell you that this isnt just a negative rant it is a fair assessment of the company and work environment.

Advice to Management

Get it together. Realize that it is a huge issue that we cant win new business and there is a reason for it. We are no longer competitive in the copier market. It is nearly impossible to win new business outside of a bid.