Xerox

www.xerox.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

" Overall a pretty good company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Family/Work Balance, Flexibility, Bonus opportunities are pretty good.

Cons

Information overload. There are too many people involved in one transaction, causing a lot of confusion. Cheap company (they dont give a lot of perks that other companies give). Pay increases are far and few between. The products are much more expensive then the competition which makes it a harder to increase revenue.

Lower the price of the products to allow for more market share.

2163 Other Employee Reviews for Xerox (View Most Recent)

Sinking Ship

Current Employee - Service Solution Executive
    Current Employee - Service Solution Executive

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

-flexibility you can do what you want when you need to.
    -exceptionally good training. maybe even over the top

Cons

upper management is micro managing everything via reports and truely have no idea of what is going on in the markets. There is so much fat in management and in the non-field sales areas that it is dragging everyone else down. There are too many people who are suppose to be resources but they dont, wont or cant. It is a joke trying to get some things done.

I am afraid there will have to be some major restructuring if they are going to be able to continually compete

Help your staff, don't micromanage them. Pick one direction and go with it ,quit changing every month it is annoying all the time that is wasted on the flavor of the month only to never see the initiative again.

Building better and strong relationships and enjoying what you do keeps you on a even keel !

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in Century City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in Century City, CA

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

If you are a self starter and don't need to be hoovered over to do what ever needs to be done it is noticed on so many levels. Pay is not bad but not as good as it used too be due to the economy and all, The Benefits are better than most companies - Health care, Vision, Dental for me and my family have been excellent. The Xerox people you work with a good majority of them help to get you up to speed. Especially if you are weak in certain areas like Networks, software and hardware installation etc...... But one thing you must have is great customer skills this is no doubt the biggest and greatest skill you can pocess.
    I love what I do that's being real- and I have been here 25 years to boot I was 25 when I started.

Cons

They deduct the leasing of the vehicle each month, and you also pay for personal mileage on your lease vehicle every six months let me clarify that you pay only the taxes on your personal mileage vs business miles. if you don't like tracking expenses, mileage, inventory or following processes this may not be for you. Because theirs lots of that too process each and every month.
    I don't know if thats a downside but it's all part of the job. Even with all this I have made things easier to do which minimizes the impact of this down side.

I think for me all management personal have do a excellent job? Everything has been a experience for me that is solved in a timely and professional manner.
    If their is one thing I would like to see is a more improvement of the delivery system of Rapids The time it takes to get to location when needed it's about 2 to 3 hours although I do find other things to do like doing another call somewhere else or a PM.
    Lastly To be successful - As with every workgroup I have been on is their are roles and responsibilities, give them freedom which you mostly do to those who prove all they need is the knowledge to do the job and the flow of that infomation that shows them where we need to go! On each group their needs to be a Facilitator and meetings too insure were are on the same page so the comradere builds strong relationships with each member.

There are newer employer reviews for Xerox