www.xerox.com
  www.xerox.com
There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

XEROX-The Grass is NOT greener on the other side!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Henderson, NC
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Henderson, NC

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

....Cant think of any... Hate all of it

Cons

I work for the Xerox call center which is a vendor to Aetna Insurance co...

Work enviornment-
We are, of course, in close proximity..therefore its very loud.. some employees are rude and its a hassle to continue asking your caller to repeat themselves.. or to hear the caller say.. "Are you guys having a party?".. You're cursed out to a dog and cant even disconnect the call... and theres alot of unanswered questions...

Pay-
Here at my site we are on ABC pay.. I will never in my life want to experience ABC pay... with ABC pay you are "supposedly" able to make no less than $10 per hr and up to $15.25 per hour.. LIES! I and everyone around me feels like we're being Ganked every payday.

Management-
5 out of 6 sups know nothing about the account and how to navigate the systems.. the sups here are between the ages of 22-45... and all of them in my dept are female.. so yes... theres plenty of attitude and blacklisting.. theres lots of gossip between CSRs and Managers also.. which in my opinion is unacceptable..

Benefits-
Our choice of insurance is Aetna of course.. which is the most horrible insurance ever... just today there was an email sent out stating PTO is cancelled for March due to NCNS.. and people not working they're MANDATORY 1hr of OT everyday...you cannot move up..at all.. there are NO bonuses or raises.. Xerox is open 24 hrs a day (there is a 3rd shift) 7 days a week... (Yes Ive worked on Christmas and Thanksgiving)

Basically, I hate this job with all I have.. there is NOTHING I will miss about it.. NOTHING. Thankfully.. I got a call for a interview at Blue Cross Blue Shield.. hopefully all will go well :)

Do your JOB... KNOW YOUR JOB... AND BE PROFESSIONAL.

1965 Other Employee Reviews for Xerox (View Most Recent)

Current Employee - SSE
    Current Employee - SSE

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

When I first went to work here there were a ton of pros. Now it is hard to find any other than having a job.

Cons

The pay and benefits are not good at all. In sales in particular some month it is like being paid minimum wage. The benefits are awful and no raises since 05.

It seems there are so many managers and not enough feet on the street. Management does what they are told and just pushed it down the the field. No one really seems to care about the existing customers only the direct sales reps go to bat for customers.... Company has lost its way.

It used to be a great company...

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Technical areas are great. Flexible work hours. Local management is trying to get the job done right.

Cons

Sr Management treats people like they are disposable. Benefits have been declining over the years. When I was hired, Xerox was the company to beat for benefits, now it is a race to the bottom. Everybody who works here that has a spouse gets their benefits through them.

Start thinking about your employees. We have skills and knowledge that you can't easily replace. Continued Reductions in Force (layoffs) to meet a "payroll" cost goal is causing a significant loss in talent as skilled employees leave or are pushed out.

There are newer employer reviews for Xerox