Mediocre at best.

I have been working at Xerox full-time

Pros

People I work with are great.

Cons

Pay rates for non-exempt is horrible and raises are non existent. This is unacceptable from a billion dollar a year corporation. Room for advancement is great if you're Senior IT, Master Blackbelt or Senior Project Manager. If you don't have that skill set, you're not moving anywhere. No sick days. You get 5 days that your boss will "approve". But anything more than that in a year, you risk not getting paid for time off. Don't get sick in January with the flu like I did. Now I run the risk of not getting paid if I get sick again, and I'll have to use vacation.

Advice to Management

Wake up. Senior management is looking out for no one but themselves. People at our level break our backs and struggle to pay our bills, while STILL making Xerox what it is. Ursala, if you think what this company pays us is enough for our "rent and groceries" you're sorely mistaken, and should be ashamed of yourself. You're lucky 100,000 employees didn't call you after the comment you made.

Other Employee Reviews for Xerox

out sourced call center for an insurance company

Current Contractor - Xerox Call Center in Madison, MS
    Current Contractor - Xerox Call Center in Madison, MS

I have been working at Xerox as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

there are absolutely none at all

Cons

pay horrible, they have tons of money but they do not make u be a normal employee they classify as project which means no benefits ten dollars an overtime they are open every day and sat and sun you have to clock out to go to the bathroom there are tons of people on floor watching u but they have no idea if they have questions so they make somethng up and u get in trouble for it literally cussed out everyday

Advice to Management

work a few weeks in your call center for the no pay we cant even get overtime

2. Great place to work, but compensation has been stagnant for 5 years

Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Xerox full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance, interesting work, good people, strong commitment to technical excellence.

Cons

Lack of commitment to hardware development, averse to researching new applications for existing technologies. The company has been reducing headcount at our facility for several years now, to the point of making it difficult to do our jobs with the team that remains.

Advice to Management

Invest more in people and new markets; think outside the box of the traditional business.