There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

A company who lost track of its loyalties.

Former Employee - Technician in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Technician in Boston, MA

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In search of a progressive future, it threw away its strengths.

Cons

Micro management and mistrust. Employees are led by the nose and can't feel autonomous.

Advice to Management

Hire good people and get out of their way. Xerox USED to do that, and it works!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. This place has been a rollercoaster to say the least.

Former Employee - Customer Care Assistant in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Care Assistant in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Internal transfers if your current department will let you. Opportunity to learn different businesses that Xerox provides outsourcing for.

Cons

The experience I recieved here is apprecieated, but I never thought of the company as a secure place to work after being hired. Working here was all about the company you were outsourced for and no employee appreciation or value. There are no employee retention measures at all. The unit I worked for had a revolving door when it came to hiring. Each training class would only retain a few employees once they reached the work floor, ie, the training was terrible and did not prepare us to do the work needed. Employees learned best from the Quality coaches when you were counted off for something you didn't know about. Constant changes to the immediate supervisor you are assigned to because they kept quitting for better pay. Other supervisors were stepped down, then back up when an opening became available. A very disruptive environment. Base pay was lowered during my time here to introduce a rate based pay system. Very difficult to meet criteria in all catagories to up the pay to what you were hired in at. Who ever invented this one was a guiness, legally reducing pay for the entry level employees. When work assignments/campaings were taken to other centers, thus leaving us over the head count needed, we were told that our department would allow 'Natural Attrition' to take place. . . a death sentence for that secure employment feeling. Mandatory reduced hours and sending home when work was slow, then new assignments would come in and mandatory overtime until headcount back up.

Advice to Management

The amount of money spent on hiring and sub-par training should be directed at employee retention. Provide better training and raise the pay for the employees who have daily contact with the customers.

2. Very good experience working with XEROX

Former Employee - Senior QA Analyst in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Senior QA Analyst in Franklin, TN

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed working with Xerox because of the wonderful QA Team and also the management.

Cons

Work was little bit slow.