Xerox

www.xerox.com

Money is okay, but the job is mindless and boring

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Sandy, UT

ProsHourly wage is higher than minimum, you get to sit, you don't have to wear a goofy uniform, flexible work schedule.

ConsIn Utah, breaks aren't required by state law so they are allowed to deny break time. I was pregnant the entire time I was working here, and sometimes I NEEDED a break. But if we were in queue, forget about it. I'd have to lie and say I was going to the bathroom just to get a break!

When I came back from leave (unpaid), I was pumping breastmilk for my baby. FMLA mandates that nursing mothers must be allowed any and all time they need to pump for their baby. They don't have to pay me for this break time, but they are required to give it. However, I was regularly DENIED these breaks because our queue was too high. Our queue was too high because they refused to let us hire more people to help with the wait times.

Also, I was hired through a temp service. I was told this position was temp-to-hire, however, the project lost money due to poor management and planning so we actually had to lay people off. So now there's definitely no way I'll be hired full-time with benefits.

The absolute worst part of this job is that the management and training is awful. They do not relay any information to us, but expect us to relay the correct information to customers. I can't tell you how many times I've had to make something up while on the phone with a customer because the boss failed to tell us the answer.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more than 2 days on training. Half of us have NO IDEA what we're talking about when you put us on the phone, which makes the customers irate when they find out they were misinformed, which then makes the queue/call time/sup calls go through the roof.

It was face pace most of the time and rewarding too.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Worked with some of the best and brightest professionals. … Cons: Sometimes the hours were long. Advice to Senior Management: None. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox

Pros: The company invested in training and developing employees, benefits were superb, pay was reasonable.… Cons: It seemed that the company was so bogged down with… Advice to Senior Management: Demonstrate a little more value to those on the other end… More
There are newer reviews on Xerox.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!