There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

Money is okay, but the job is mindless and boring

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Sandy, UT
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Xerox full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hourly wage is higher than minimum, you get to sit, you don't have to wear a goofy uniform, flexible work schedule.

Cons

In Utah, breaks aren't required by state law so they are allowed to deny break time. I was pregnant the entire time I was working here, and sometimes I NEEDED a break. But if we were in queue, forget about it. I'd have to lie and say I was going to the bathroom just to get a break!

When I came back from leave (unpaid), I was pumping breastmilk for my baby. FMLA mandates that nursing mothers must be allowed any and all time they need to pump for their baby. They don't have to pay me for this break time, but they are required to give it. However, I was regularly DENIED these breaks because our queue was too high. Our queue was too high because they refused to let us hire more people to help with the wait times.

Also, I was hired through a temp service. I was told this position was temp-to-hire, however, the project lost money due to poor management and planning so we actually had to lay people off. So now there's definitely no way I'll be hired full-time with benefits.

The absolute worst part of this job is that the management and training is awful. They do not relay any information to us, but expect us to relay the correct information to customers. I can't tell you how many times I've had to make something up while on the phone with a customer because the boss failed to tell us the answer.

Spend more than 2 days on training. Half of us have NO IDEA what we're talking about when you put us on the phone, which makes the customers irate when they find out they were misinformed, which then makes the queue/call time/sup calls go through the roof.

1750 Other Employee Reviews for Xerox (View Most Recent)

Secretary for Regional Manager and Sales Representative

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Spring Valley, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Spring Valley, NY

I worked at Xerox part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working for Xerox was family oriented and practically not stress, enjoyed coming to work.

Cons

Competition as Sales Representative will keep you alert and particular when completing your job.

Continue doing what you're doing, Xerox was a great place to work.

Busniess Servicea LL

Former Employee - Information Management  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Information Management in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good place to work and have fun with coworker

Cons

No advancement no salary rise due the fact you are fix cost assign to a contract

When awarded a contract allow for cost of living for ALL who are assign to the contract

There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!