There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

This place is going no where FAST!

Former Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great experience since you work like a horse all day and night! So you are forced to learn a lot and do a lot.

Cons

The worst investment Xerox made was acquiring ACS. Mismatched cultures. Xerox has horrible management; incredibly large workload with very low pay; condescending, rude and set-in-there ways management; a sales team that is in it to make as much as they can for themselves before the ship goes down without growing the business; it's sad

Advice to Management

Focus and invest in lower to mid-management folks who want to grow the company; compensate folks better

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Can't figure out how to implement an agreed upon raise.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Xerox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Shift differential, bonus structure, relaxed dress code, will hire anyone

Cons

Care more about time spent on calls than customer satisfaction, can't hang up on anyone, regardless how abusive or inappropriate, in pre employment contract xerox agreed to a pay raise, 6 months later this raise has gone through for multiple people I went to training with, but not everyone.

Advice to Management

If you are willing to put a pay raise in your contract, it should go into effect immediately at the agreed upon time. No one should have to beg for what you promised. Also, an insight hr rep to go to in these situations might make this easier to correct. Any manager should be able to answer specifically and in a timely fashion when problems are able to be fixed. It is unacceptable to wait six months for a raise that is specified in your contract to go into effect immediately after training. Get your act together before someone hires a lawyer.

2. The ACS acquired side (Xerox Services) remains in disrepair

I worked at Xerox full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to work from home, friendly (and equally foolish) coworkers, little micromanagement in salary position, had an opportunity to build solid skills in my career by showing off what I could do

Cons

health benefits even at high(er) bands are catastrophic (comparable to Silver level Obamacare packages, and McDonald in-store supervisor options); no raises, standard of living, or any salary increases in 6 years; department transfer freezes,, hiring/firing freezes, force furlough, mandatory salary reduction, few vacation days, no 401k contribution; no staff parties or events; constant fear of layoffs, training your own offshore... especially Q2 and Q4 to make bonus time (if you receive a bonus - no bonuses issued to VP or lower in 6 years). I was paid 60% less than the national average for my skill set.

Advice to Management

I've really loved all of my managers and supervisors. My only advice would be to company owners which is… you can only make profit by limiting staff and taking away benefits to retain the creative people you want to create innovative, expertise driven innovations - your people should be paid what they deserve because you'll be generating revenue as a leading solutions company… the working model now is not long term, sorry.