Xerox is corporate America and poorly mismanaged.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Albany, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive starting salary
Good for entry level employees

Cons

"Xerox isn't in the business of giving raises, because corporate America isn't in the business of giving raises." ~Randall Burrows
Job security is non existent due to outsourcing to India
Promotions don't seem based on merit,
People with good ideas end up leaving the company...good ideas aren't rewarded/incentivised
Impossible to level up in the company

Promote developers and people who work close with the technology to make decisions. Reduce middle management.

Other Reviews for Xerox

Recommended if you like roller coasters

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Xerox employees are great - People make or break a business and Xerox needs to appreciate what they have more and stop treating people as indispensible. If they paid more to their front line employees, they would probably have much less attrition - try reinvesting some of the training $s into pay and see where that gets you.

Cons

Constant change - the only thing you can rely on. As a BPO company, contracts come and contracts go and employees have to go with them. Not a stable environment for anyone, regardless of level. They do not hesitate to RIF when needed and no one is protected.

Decide on a strategy and stick with it. Xerox changes strategy more often than I change pants - stay with something for long enough for it to make an impact at least - please.

Miserable

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Warren, MI

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The assignment I worked on was very unique in scope. Although it started with ACS and continued after Xerox purchased ACS.

Cons

Management did not recognize the value that our team brought to the engagement nor did they recognize the opportunity to expand our services to other organizations.

When you have a small team and you have a lot of turnover in a little over a year, you have problems that need to be addressed. Not ignored!

There are newer employer reviews for Xerox.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!