Xerox

There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

Enriching

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Sales Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Xerox is a market leader and has outstanding brand recognition. Xerox values diversity and works to maintain a balanced work force matching the demographics. The People are the greatest asset.

Cons

Future direction, lack of leadership, annuity based compensation. Xerox's compensation is no longer competitive and the sales training is average . The benefits have become average at best.

Create a clear roadmap for the future

1907 Other Employee Reviews for Xerox (View Most Recent)

I'd give zero stars if I could

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lacey, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lacey, WA

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They'll hire anyone
    Lots of overtime if you want it (and if you don't)
    variety of shift options

Cons

Atrocious, variable pay that focuses way too much on customer surveys even though they lied that they would try and get away from it. The attendance based pay still has a survey component and no matter how hard you try, you will fail and they will lie and say the fail is your fault and not overturn it. It is designed to make people fail and keep pay low. And they keep making it harder. The main reason I left was when they went from 1 survey a day to 3+ my pay went from averaging 13.00 an hour to 10.25. My family was struggling to buy food thanks to this but we didn't qualify for food stamps so we lived on ramen. The attendance pay you miss 1 day and your pay goes down to 9.50. They are hemorrhaging employees yet seem oblivious to this being the reason.

Dishonest, corrupt management who are not there for the customers nor the employees. Lying is really the only way to keep your pay up. The management cares about themselves only.

Many of us left for other companies. At my current employer, 30% or more of my coworkers are ex-Xerox employees. All of us left for the same reason: needing stable hourly wages and a non hostile work environment.

Despite the Xerox philosophy that survey based pay makes you give better customer service, the reality is that stable hourly wages does a much better job of this. When you don't have to worry that a customer is going to affect your pay if you can't give them what they want, you can focus on treating them well and doing what you can for them. They may still be upset but I can still buy healthy food and pay my bills on time and know that I did everything I could. While I got constantly harped on at Xerox about needing to "position" things better, I rarely get that at my current job. Instead I get told to be more confident when relaying bad news and making decisions even if its not what the customer wants to hear. Things Xerox's hostile environment made me afraid to do.

Just pay your employees hourly wages and give raises for good performance annually like other employers. Start rewarding tenure if people have good performance. The economy is improving and people are no longer as desperate as they once were and willing to put up with the abusive ABC pay. You are losing people and are struggling to retain employees. I know enough people still working there to know it is steadily getting worse in the five months since I left and that upper manager is asking employees what other companies are doing to lure them away. Stable hourly pay and not treating people like garbage is really all other places are doing.

Not a place for those who instinctively strive to excel ultimately to be awarded for their efforts

Current Employee - Functional Principal
    Current Employee - Functional Principal

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work here because of my ability to maintain a virtual role and I enjoy my colleagues

Cons

a 20 word minimum. I could prose a noved.

Learn to take care of your valuable employees and you will retain them. Continue offer praise them for their efforts and provide no reward and continue to eliminate more benefits and you will have a army of less than qualified employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Xerox