Xerox

Not good...not bad

Former Employee - Black Belt in Rosemont, IL
Former Employee - Black Belt in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Xerox

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, Good people

Cons

Ancient systems, piecemeal approach to process/system imrovement

Bite the bullet and upgrade your technology. Sinking time and resources into ancient systems is a losing game eventually.

1954 Other Employee Reviews for Xerox (View Most Recent)

good starter job

Former Employee - Designer in Webster, NY
    Former Employee - Designer in Webster, NY

I worked at Xerox

Pros

It is a relatively stable company, given its age. Co-workers were friendly and supportive of each other. They have some interesting ideas for future products.

Cons

The company is made up of lots of smaller organizations, and there is a lot of politics between them. Recent layoffs and cuts to benefits of retired has damaged internal moral as they brace for more layoffs. They are stuggling to make themselves relevant again. Some of there green technology is unique but is a hard sell in a ever growing paperless world.

Many employees are working to make sure there position is as important as possible to protect themselves.This effects the growth of the company and hinders new ideas.

Overall still a good place to work

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Wilsonville, OR
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Wilsonville, OR

I worked at Xerox

Pros

The work there was challenging and management generally would give you a task and then get out of your way and let you decide how to do it and would hold you accountable for the deliverable. They always seemed to give you recognition for a job well done and treated their employees with respect. I never remember more than a couple of stressful situations in all the years I worked there. Generally management never gave out unrealistic tasks and would listen and take to heart feedback they got from down below. Of the 4 companies I worked for as a professional I would rate them as the top one, and the one I would most likely to go back to work for if I got the chance.

Cons

The company right now appears to be shrinking and might not be a good place to move to if you already have a steady job.

Like many companies Xerox is falling into the philosophy that outsourcing is the solution to all their problems. While that belief may be accurate for some situations, as a blanket philosophy it is a very dangerous mistake. On a number of projects I worked on, outsourced work badly failed to meet expectations for a number of reasons (eg. poor communication, time zone differences, cultural differences, lack of dedication to Xerox by outsource vendors, lack of support by vendors.)

There are newer employer reviews for Xerox