Xerox

www.xerox.com

xerox was once a great place to work................

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

Pros

relatively good benefits, always had brand name recognition

Cons

structure of management is very discombobulated

get real!! it pays to return to the field and see what is the reality versus expectations. Also, more product development that is relevant to this millenum is important

Other reviews for Xerox

Find the right sales agency with good leadership or otherwise don't bother.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

Pros

Xerox is a great company if your looking to enter sales, but I have to say my experience was overall quite disappointing. I think the main reason for this was the nature and environment of my sales agency. I could tell there was potential with the company but it was difficult to attain and in the end not worthwhile for me to consider pursuing further.

Cons

Much of my criticism lays with the sales agency I worked for and my manager. My boss turned out to be the biggest jerk I ever met and had no idea how to manage or lead. I was constantly berated and personally insulted. He never seemed to understand the idea of "leading by example". The sales agency ground you down and were happy to get some leads from you before you decided to quit within a year. People in my agency were leaving after 1-2 months. At times I also felt I was answering to 3 managers at once-my boss, the VP, and the training manager. Its kinda hard to find direction and keep focus when you have three different people trying to tell you what to do.

Bring the Xerox sales agencies under corporate control like RICOH.

Xerox - We're not dead yet

Current Employee - Information Management  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Information Management in Rochester, NY

Pros

Xerox is still a big name and front runner in technological research. They research new technologies in their own industry niche and they also have done cancer research and promote humanitarianism. I started at Xerox as an entry level employee in Information Management. Xerox had the best starting salary offer of every employer I interviewed with. Their heath care benefits are decent, but are actually consistently better (and cheaper) than benefits many of my friends and family receive from their employers.

Cons

Like a lot of large corporations, a sense of bloated bureaucratic methodology floats around water cooler discussion. There is sometimes a sense there are too many people doing the same thing. Xerox also places high priority on process organization and systematic management certifications like Six Sigma. These certified managers, who were once looked up to, are now a dime a dozen. Project management progress is also often hampered by mandatory processes and template framework for planning.

Stop outsourcing. The extra steps involved in cutting PO's or managing corporate infrastructure overseas is a downside to the money savings in shipping those jobs and facilities away.

There are newer employer reviews for Xerox.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!