There are newer employer reviews for Xerox

xerox was once a great place to work................

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Xerox

Pros

relatively good benefits, always had brand name recognition

Cons

structure of management is very discombobulated

Advice to Management

get real!! it pays to return to the field and see what is the reality versus expectations. Also, more product development that is relevant to this millenum is important

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Find the right sales agency with good leadership or otherwise don't bother.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I worked at Xerox

Pros

Xerox is a great company if your looking to enter sales, but I have to say my experience was overall quite disappointing. I think the main reason for this was the nature and environment of my sales agency. I could tell there was potential with the company but it was difficult to attain and in the end not worthwhile for me to consider pursuing further.

Cons

Much of my criticism lays with the sales agency I worked for and my manager. My boss turned out to be the biggest jerk I ever met and had no idea how to manage or lead. I was constantly berated and personally insulted. He never seemed to understand the idea of "leading by example". The sales agency ground you down and were happy to get some leads from you before you decided to quit within a year. People in my agency were leaving after 1-2 months. At times I also felt I was answering to 3 managers at once-my boss, the VP, and the training manager. Its kinda hard to find direction and keep focus when you have three different people trying to tell you what to do.

Advice to Management

Bring the Xerox sales agencies under corporate control like RICOH.

2. Xerox, organization of change

Current Employee - Field Manager, Managed Services in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Field Manager, Managed Services in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Work and life balancing is outstanding. Although Health, vision and dental expenses have increased, Xerox Corporation plans are diverse and well-managed. Career development, personal development and performance improvement processes are key initiatives throughout the organization. Change management is effectively managed through ongoing communication, and employee preparedness programs.

Cons

Some high tenured employees are not effective knowledge workers and require more managerial attention as well as remedial training so that all employees are current with the latest technologies and programs enabled to help them fulfill their roles and responsibilities. Unfortunately, managers are slowly becoming overwhelmed with additional non-esssential work to reduces one and one time with these employees who need attention.

Advice to Management

Continue having a presence in the field, but be sure to address all concerns/issues that were shared while attending round tables and partaking in executive interviews.