Xilinx

www.xilinx.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Xilinx

I used to be proud to work for Xilinx

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Xilinx

Pros

Co-workers are good to work with and have for the most part been team players.
We get to build a good product that I think still has great potential.

Cons

New goal system actually discourages teamwork. While it is intended to motivate you to meet your goals, the side effect is that helping others might lower your place on the curve. This would lead to less chances for raises and bonuses.

Top level management is out of touch with their employees. Xilinx used to be consistently one of the top ten companies to work for, now it doesn't even make the list. The attitude from the top seems to be one of little respect for the employees, their experience or skills. It seems the employees are considered easily interchangeable resources.

Stock value should not be the only consideration in how to run a company. Communicate more openly and honestly with the employees.

423 Other Employee Reviews for Xilinx (View Most Recent)

was a great experince

Former Employee - IC Layout Engineer in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - IC Layout Engineer in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Xilinx

Pros

xilinx was a great company to work for , the work place was nice, my co worker was one of the best people I work with in many years.

Cons

don't have too much to said about downsides of working at Xilinx. Work load was a little much
    in the pass few years, but it was ok.

Lots of changes but good strategic direction

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Xilinx

Pros

Xilinx is is a growing profitable market but good strategy and execution is has been going well over the last year or two

Cons

Xilinx haas undergone a lot of cultural changes and people are still having a difficult time adapting. Also the pay for performance process is horrible and a waste of a lot of work

Get rid of the pay for performance and half year review. It is a waste of effort and does not help drive better performance

There are newer employer reviews for Xilinx