Xilinx

www.xilinx.com
There are newer employer reviews for Xilinx

It is exciting and busy.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Xilinx

Pros

Working on leading product and technology. Company provide reasonalable benefits and compensations.

Cons

Workload sometimme can be extreme heavy and time pressure.

420 Other Employee Reviews for Xilinx (View Most Recent)

The company has great potential, but I'm rotting on the vine

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Xilinx

Pros

Xilinx is a company filled with high-caliber people making great products. The recent restructuring has succeeded in establishing a culture of accountability and performance.

Cons

A divide has developed between the executive levels and all other employees. There is a sense of "them" and "us." There is a sense that while employee input is considered, there is never a true dialogue. Trust between the levels has broken down.

Directors and above: simply walk around and talk to people. Drop into their cubes and chat. This is all it would take to repair the damaged trust -- actual conversations. Roundtables are a joke.

One of the better technology companies to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Xilinx

Pros

Generally good people to work with, some exceptions like any place.

Company is usually well focused for its market niche, what's next goals are clear and usually on target . Rivalry with competitors intense but not nasty (on Xilinx's part at least)

Cons

FPGAs have passed their growth period, with the generally down economy its hard to tell whether they will still be a strong company 10 years from now or fade to be another former leading technology company. But fiscal and people management has been good throughout their history so we can hope.

Looking back to the heydey of LSI Logic and Moshe's time there vs where it is today can we expect a better future for Xilinx? At least LSI still exists unlike many of its contemporaries. That said, Moshe was a highlight of good management style at LSI at a time good and bad VPs came and went way too often. Xilinx is lucky to have him.

There are newer employer reviews for Xilinx