There are newer employer reviews for Xilinx

Xilinx products, Wallstreet culture

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Xilinx

Pros

The people are generally very nice to work with
Flexible hours

Cons

Average pay
Cost cutting even when making massive profits
Losing market share and design wins
iterative product releases
Ridiculous performance assessment

Let lots of excellent staff go from Ireland and U.S to be replaced with "cheaper" labour in APAC. Direction is short term making money but long term losing business...just ask Huawei

399 Other Employee Reviews for Xilinx (View Most Recent)

Review of Xilinx

Current Employee - Staff Engineer
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer

I have been working at Xilinx

Pros

cutting edge technology, very interesting work

Cons

there is some disconnect between divisions

customers need better software tools

Decline of a once great company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Xilinx

Pros

It has some of the best engineers I have ever met.

Cons

I came to Xilinx nearly ten years ago. Then it was an inspiring place to work. We went through the telecoms downturn, where the whole semiconductor industry was hit hard, but it still was a friendly, innovative, motivating place to work. We emerged from that recession and the company grew stronger introducing some great products and leading the programmable market.

Since Wims departure and the arrival of this current management, the environment within Xilinx has got progressively worse. The twice yearly reviews have been a disaster. Senior management seem to forget, that in creating world class products, there will be bumps along the way, but in the end a great product got shipped to customers. We are told that it is OK to make a mistake, but in reality you make one and your career is over. What a short-sighted view. This has resulted in many of the best people leaving. We are left with inexperienced engineers working on products which will not work, or huge delays being added to the schedules. With the latest products, marketing certainly if unintentionally produced the appropriate headline to highlight the current malaise at the company." Innovation has led to stagnation." I'll bet the marketing guru who dreamt that one up was paid quite a few bucks.

Most of the workforce are tired, demotivated, waiting for payoffs, or just looking to get out into another job. Redudancies are commonplace and generally unannounced. it's sad to see a once great company fall behind caused mainly by the lack of vision in senior management. It is now a soulless place...be aware all thee who enter !!!

You had a strategic vision, but your execution of it has been a disaster... you have not delivered. Take your share options and go.

There are newer employer reviews for Xilinx