Xilinx

www.xilinx.com
There are newer employer reviews for Xilinx

Went from great place to work to a chore

Former Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Xilinx

Pros

Good benefits, nice coworkers, good working conditions, ok working hours
All that remains from previous management: but for how long

Cons

Inept management, just follows whoever sounds the most convincing (and most of the time that's not the most competent).
Only looking at saving money. Replacing the experienced people leaving with kids fresh of Indian universities.
As a consequence no more innovation: our main competitor who was way behind us has now taken the lead technologically and the gap is increasing.
More good people are leaving as it is obvious that the management is only counting dollars but has no idea where to go.
To be promoted you need to be friends with the right people now, does not matter what you do, just be convincing.
It's sad to see such a good company with good people, great technology, loosing all that and become a place you go just to get your paycheck while the incompetents good talkers get huge bonuses in reward to be yes men to management.

Judge on the facts, not on the talks.
Or listen to the real workers, not the managers/VP that say everything is all right while it is obvious that something is broken.
We are way behind our competitor now. You're nor hiring competent people now, only the cheapest engineers that you can find in India & US.
Maybe the margins are getting better on the short term, but we're loosing big market shares
I guess you are just interested in your big bonuses now..

421 Other Employee Reviews for Xilinx (View Most Recent)

It was a dream job in the beginning.

Former Employee - Senior Field Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Field Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Xilinx

Pros

When Xilinx gets a better senior management team, maybe they will climb out of the hole that they are in today.

Cons

The current senior management is terrible. Where is Wim and Bernie when you need them? 2009, 2010 was like a huge experiment to Moshe and his cronies. We were kicking Altera's tail until they current management took over.

They need to accept the fact that Altera now has surpassed Xilinx. The customers that Xilinx lost will likely very difficult to win back. From this point forward, if Moshe and company don't start listening to suggestions, the board will eventually ask them to start packing.

Gone down the drain.

Former Employee - Staff Design Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Design Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Xilinx

Pros

Latest technology. Highly profitable company and comparativley stable employment.
    Colleagues are usually nice to work with.

Cons

Bad employment review process, become worse with new managment. Mismanaged the last few product cycles of past 4-5years and losing market share.
    Limited opportunity for career growth unless you can talk BS with mid- and upper-level managemtn.
    Too many senior people not doing anything and executives lack of communication and outsourcoing all new jobs to India and Singapore.

Do evaluation of how the rank employees feel and try to do a better job of determining deadlines and project goals.

There are newer employer reviews for Xilinx