I'm happy!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Recruiter in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Xtreme Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been working for Xtreme on an assignment for Microsoft for nearly five years now and have to say it's been a great experience. I have always felt valued, challenged, taken care of (they're always very quick to respond to any questions or needs), informed, etc. Also proud to be part of them with all of the community and charity events they take part in.

Cons

None, I have watched them improve through the years in just about everything that matters to me

Keep doing what you're doing!

Other Reviews for Xtreme Consulting

Unethical treatment of employees

Former Employee - Incident Response
    Former Employee - Incident Response

I worked at Xtreme Consulting as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

It's better than not having a job. Could potentially (not likely) offer you exposure to Microsoft that might (not likely) lead to a real job.

Cons

They are dishonest in how they treat PTO and they haven't been paying entirely on time. Paychecks have been routinely delayed by a day or two.

Mysterious Disappearing PTO:

This year, the holiday newsletter announced that sick time and vacation time were combined together to be used as one pool of PTO. In the math, 12 hours of paid time disappeared. This change was presented to the employees as a positive change. Something to the tone of, "You're in such luck! We've listened to your requests and made this amazing change that certainly doesn't require a specific mention of the fact that this reduces your benefits!!"

Mysteriously Impossible Holidays:

Upon being hired on, employees are advised that they will receive 7 paid holidays! That's pretty good for a group of people who aren't used to getting any holidays. It works out just fine for people who work on 9:00-5:00, Monday-Friday teams.

If you're on a team that does shift work, though, it doesn't work out so well. I was on a 4x10 schedule that had one weekend day. For holidays that didn't fall on my shift, I didn't receive any additional pay, but I was still required to work my entire scheduled week. Everyone is on the team is with Xtreme, so not everyone can have the day off if a holiday does land on your scheduled work day.

When I first started with Xtreme, I requested a paid holiday off and I was charged a vacation day and I heard of this happening to other employees as well. Anyway you look at it, you're not getting what you were promised.

There are many more things to be said, but I hesitate to give specific examples of other lapses due to the potential blowback on current employees.

Stop being so cheap and provide your employees what you promised them. It's not a high price to pay for employee loyalty.

Ho Hum

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Xtreme Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

They take 1/3 of your income and offer you nothing. Oh, wait, that's not a Pro. But it's all there is.

Cons

Where to begin. Too many to discuss, they're just another tech recruiter that offers the contractor nothing.

Just another tech recruiter, nothing special, they'll tell you what you want to hear.

There are newer employer reviews for Xtreme Consulting.

Worked for Xtreme Consulting? Contribute to the Community!