Xylem

www.xyleminc.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Xylem

A safe place to work and grow in the important field of water.

Current Employee - QC Technician I in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - QC Technician I in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Xylem

Pros

Safe environment, relaxed atmosphere and very good benefits.

Cons

Opportunities to advance are few.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Xylem (View Most Recent)

Good Place to work

Former Employee - Intern in Morton Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Intern in Morton Grove, IL

I worked at Xylem

Pros

Good Company, global presence, has a lot of challenging projects. The employees are talented and helpful. As an intern, I was exposed to different areas of the company, got an overall industry experience. Great place for work and learn.

Cons

all work,no extracurricular activities

Starting in 2011, ITT has gone down the tube due to senior management decisions

Current Employee - Senior Product Specialist in Morton Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Product Specialist in Morton Grove, IL

I have been working at Xylem

Pros

I like the middle managers and all the people I work with on a daily basis. A semi-flexible work schedule is alsos nice.

Cons

Lack of direction behalf of management. The current management team all come from sales backgrounds and don't care about tying out with the middle managers and only care about what they can do to improve their short term bonus before they move to their next job. Too many high-level managers and too few workers with extreme shortages. In recent proposals there is a proposed 80+ jobs for marketing and engineering, but they recently laid off 9 engineers and currently have a hiring freeze, current total numbers around 55 and I suspect 2 dozen people looking for new careers.

The expectations to be a world class company and the funding behind the employees are mismatched significantly. If management believed we are only in a "hold" mode as opposed to a "grow" mode, it would be believeable. However, releasing numerous engineers to make quarterly numbers is not a tactic for those who are forward thinking.

Work hours are ridiculous. Of my immediate counterparts, 75% are working 60+ (and many 70+) hour weeks and continue to fall behind.

Let middle management make the decisions for the day-to-day operations and get feedback from middle management before making radical decisions in change of company direction. Product managers knowtheir sales and the sales forecast should be driven bottom-up, not top down.

Salesmen should not be the VP of anything except for sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Xylem