There are newer employer reviews for Xyratex

blind leading the weak

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Xyratex

Pros

One of the remaining manufacturing companies in Sacramento. Strong dedicated site boss looking after us. Company financial ok, make money for now. Good location, easy commute. Getting paid on time. Stupid boss let me do anything. Lots overtime is good.

Cons

A good old boys network. If you are an English white male, you have a bright future. Anybody else sit and wait. Evidence? Look no further than recent high level promotions in UK and Asia, young English white males. Blame my parents for wrong skin color.

UK is king and cannot do wrong. Local is junk and cannot do right.

Big layoff is near. You take care either the right people, or they will vote with their foot. I can not count on CEO. I better search for new job now.

65 Other Employee Reviews for Xyratex (View Most Recent)

Could be so much better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Xyratex

Pros

Great people to work with, very talented in the mid-level of the organization.

Benefits are good compared to some places I have worked in the recent past.

Cons

The product road map is non-existent but we continue to move forward in spite of it (usually in crisis mode).

There are many processes in place but they are rarely utilized which adds to the chaos.

There are also missing processes that cause everyone to do critical items differently also adding to the chaos and a sense that we never do the same thing the same way 2 times in a row.

Get control of the organization and the processes (define who does what to/with whom).

Set a product road map and communicate it to the masses.

Awful Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at Xyratex

Pros

nothing positive about working for this company. Ok, it was good pay, but not worth it because of all the Cons. I couldn't get out fast enough.

Cons

I worked in the W. Sac office. Everyone was running scared, poor management, the worst I've ever experienced professionally. Overworked employees.

Dump the VP/Senior management, dead wood.

There are newer employer reviews for Xyratex

Worked for Xyratex? Contribute to the Community!