Xyratex
www.xyratex.com Havant, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

blind leading the weak

Sacramento, CA

ProsOne of the remaining manufacturing companies in Sacramento. Strong dedicated site boss looking after us. Company financial ok, make money for now. Good location, easy commute. Getting paid on time. Stupid boss let me do anything. Lots overtime is good.

ConsA good old boys network. If you are an English white male, you have a bright future. Anybody else sit and wait. Evidence? Look no further than recent high level promotions in UK and Asia, young English white males. Blame my parents for wrong skin color.

UK is king and cannot do wrong. Local is junk and cannot do right.

Advice to Senior ManagementBig layoff is near. You take care either the right people, or they will vote with their foot. I can not count on CEO. I better search for new job now.

Could be so much better.

Fremont, CA

I have been working at Xyratex

Pros: Great people to work with, very talented in the mid-level of the organization. Benefits… Cons: The product road map is non-existent but we continue to move forward in spite of it (usually in crisis mode). There are many processes in place… Advice to Senior Management: Get control of the organization and the processes (define who does what… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Awful Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    West Sacramento, CA

I worked at Xyratex

Pros: nothing positive about working for this company. Ok, it was good pay, but… Cons: I worked in the W. Sac office. Everyone was running… Advice to Senior Management: Dump the VP/Senior management, dead wood. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Xyratex.

Worked for Xyratex? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xyratex reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Xyratex employees.