Great job for recent grads.

Current Employee - Assistant Psychologist  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Assistant Psychologist in New York, NY

I have been working at YAI National Institute

Pros

Great team environment.
Excellent Feedback
Ability to learn transferable skills
Excellent benefits

Cons

Room for advancement begins to bottleneck at a pay level that is not conducive to being a breadwinner.

Keep up the good work.
Succession Plan wisely

Other Reviews for YAI National Institute

Watch your back - backstabers

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Tarrytown, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tarrytown, NY

I worked at YAI National Institute

Pros

Very good benefits, including four weeks vacation.

Cons

No place for advancement.. If you do extra work no recogination is given.

Stop having pets.

Great place to work--in spite of the management team

Current Employee - Assistant Supervisor  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at YAI National Institute

Pros

YAI is a stable, ethical non-profit that does great work to empower and serve a vulnerable population. Even on bad days, I always agree with the mission. YAI pays very well in comparison to similar nonprofits and the benefit package can't be beat. We have excellent health insurance THAT IS COMPLETELY FREE for us. Premiums for dependents are very reasonable. Very flexible vacation and persona times, lots of employee recognition, tuition reimbursement, trainings and good supervision schedules. You always know how your supervisor feels about your performance. Lots of job security. They don't lay people off. YAI passes every government audit with flying colors, so we know that no shady bookkeeping is at work. That's a good feeling--would hate for all our hard work to be sabotaged by greedy accountants.

Cons

Nepotism counts for more than skills at YAI. Unqualified people are promoted out of loyalty--meaning the place is run by incompetent directors who have amazing, dedicated staff who make them look great. On the upside, I think most of them realize that this is the case and give credit where credit is due--most of the time. But, important decisions are usually made by people with the least knowledge of what is going on at any given time. Direct service staff, while highly valued and appreciated and paid more than government funding allots, are still underpaid and undervalued. Why do the people with the hardest jobs always get paid the least?

Step back and let people who know what they're doing have more responsibility.

There are newer employer reviews for YAI National Institute.

Worked for YAI National Institute? Contribute to the Community!