YBP Library Services

This Place is a Sweatshop

Current Employee - Minion in Contoocook, NH
Current Employee - Minion in Contoocook, NH

I have been working at YBP Library Services

Pros

Not all bad for a bibliophile--you get to find books (and other materials) that you didn't even know existed. Employees can buy books at a discount (small though it may be), although it takes forever for the books to get to you.

Cons

Sweatshop salaries. Disconnected senior managers. Too many longtime employees wedded to old ways of doing things. The least diverse place I have ever seen.

For God's sake, pay the poor people more. Redefine job categories. Once you've done that, find somone who can write better advertisements that truly reflect the nature of the advertised jobs.

6 Other Employee Reviews for YBP Library Services (View Most Recent)

My experience at YBP Library Services provided me with decent promotions.

I worked at YBP Library Services

Pros

YBP is a highly successful company that provides employees with promotions if managers see that you have great work ethic and you are a great team player.

Cons

The pay rate at YBP Library Services is nothing that is exceptionally great. Employees do not get pay raises that often.

I feel that management should consider increasing employees' salaries. They are an extremely profitable company and I think they can afford to be paying their employees a little bit better.

Book Processor

Current Employee - Book Processor in Contoocook, NH
    Current Employee - Book Processor in Contoocook, NH

I have been working at YBP Library Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good place to work. They try to fill available positions from in-house before going to the outside. Work-life balance good. Good benefits. Great people to work with. Celebrate holidays with fun games, prizes.

Cons

Having to keep up with their production numbers. If you're not fast, it can be challenging. But the work is easy as long as you can follow specific directions.

Be more lenient about being a few minutes late on snow days.

There are newer employer reviews for YBP Library Services