There are newer employer reviews for YESCO

beware

I worked at YESCO

Pros

Given lots of freedom and respect

Cons

given very little direction on what is important

health care was very costly

15 Other Employee Reviews for YESCO (View Most Recent)

Family Owned Company with Big Company perks

I have been working at YESCO full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Management is frequently picked from existing lower level employees
    -Pay and Benefits are very competitive and they are very transparent about any changes
    -Willingness to talk policies out instead of just referring to a book
    -Flexibility of a small company while giving benefits and pay of a large company
    -Consistent yearly reviews with raises
    -CEO is a genuinely nice person who always make an effort to shake every employees hand and gets to know them

Cons

-Being a small company sometimes cuts are made of the blue to staff
    -Got hit really hard with new insurance regulations and had to cut some benefits (still good but not a great as they were)
    -Depending on where you work you may work with a combination of engineers and day laborers which creates friction sometimes in the work environment

Most mismanaged company I've ever worked for...

Former Employee - Sales Management in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Management in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at YESCO full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am honestly struggling to find any positives. The only think I can think of is that there people there whom I really miss. They complain about working there, but fear keeps them from breaking free. I hope they learn that there is life beyond this poor excuse of a company.

Cons

This is the second Mormon, family-owned company for which I've worked. Unless I find myself in dire straits, it will be my last. Nepotism rules the day at YESCO, which partially explains why they are in so much trouble. If you are outside of the 'club', you will not progress, and you will be one of the first to be let go. Don't get too comfortable...and keep looking for a REAL job. This is a sinking ship, and just like the Titanic, nobody at the helm will take responsibility.

Find some experienced management from OUTSIDE the company (somebody without the last name of Young or Williams) and let them apply proven operational strategies, not the tired, old, matrix management that was recently heralded as new and innovative. The matrix management model has been abandoned by most companies who tried it in the early 90s as it was discovered that accountability is rendered nearly impossible.

There are newer employer reviews for YESCO