There are newer employer reviews for YMCA

dissatisfied

I have been working at YMCA

Pros

My program director boss is nice. Other employees are mean and do not care about the problems at the site.

Cons

West End YMCA has limited hours, low pay rates, and no benefits. Retirement program is forced on you when you work there more than 2 years.

give back our 10% cut and employees would be happier. No support from Program Director all the way up to the CEO

1485 Other Employee Reviews for YMCA (View Most Recent)

Rewarding job with a creative and dynamic environment.

Former Employee - Lead Group Leader
    Former Employee - Lead Group Leader

I worked at YMCA

Pros

The children are the most important thing to this organization and this is a mutual belief that all employees that are hired hold with them. The hours are easy. Usually from 2PM to 6-6:30 PM. There is one meeting after work every month depending on the choice of the Supervisor at the site. There is also a training once a month that all employees must attend to.

Cons

If you would like to be promoted to site supervisor, the principal of the hiring campus must choose you. The program directors can not choose for them, regardless of how much the director knows that you are best fit for the organization.

Please take the time to teach employees how to interact with misbehaving children. Most of the time when there was a misbehaving child, they would send them to me without attempting to fix the problem themselves.

Conflicting.

I have been working at YMCA

Pros

Passion for the work we do and the people.

Cons

Lack of opportunity to grow from one position to the next. Miscommunication. Antiquated styles of working.

If you do not allow your star employees to grow, they will wither and leave.

There are newer employer reviews for YMCA