YMCA

www.ymca.net
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for YMCA

It has been a great place to work at and there are plenty of opportunities to try new things and make suggestions.

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Hatboro, PA
Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Hatboro, PA

I have been working at YMCA

Pros

The staff and members are really friendly and when I go to work I feel like I am going to a second home. I am hardly ever treated disrespectfully by members and when I am I know I have the support of my managers and fellow staff members. I love to go to work because I feel like I am actively involved in our community and I love to have the opportunity to help others get healthier and find supportive relationships. I also love working at the Y because I never really get the feeling its a job, I love to come and work out on my off hours, and its just a great atmosphere to be a part of.

Cons

The only downside I have found at working at the Ymca is that it is difficult to find a schedule that is constantly compatible with my school demands and while the pay is good, there are also better paying jobs out there for college students.

I think that the leadership at the Ymca would benefit from talking more one on one with staff members from the different branches because it has been my experience that there are staff members that have found ways to combat some of the challenges faced by the Executive directors and other directors that have been put into effect at their ymca but hasn't yet been picked up by any other branch because of the lack of communication.

1743 Other Employee Reviews for YMCA (View Most Recent)

Challenging but great experience. Will look back and be proud of the motivation and growth of the students.

Current Employee - Y-Tutor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Y-Tutor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at YMCA

Pros

If you are interested in teaching, being a Y-tutor is a great job to have.

Cons

Can be challenging since students don't like to do work and rather play.

Be patient, firm when needed and have fun with the students.

Amazing experience and rewarding

Former Employee - Summer Camp Counselor in Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Summer Camp Counselor in Hollywood, FL

I worked at YMCA

Pros

The best reason to join YMCA is to feel good about doing something positive with you life. Helping kids grow up and showing them that there are good people who care.

Cons

Long hours, hard work and lots of sun. The kids tend to get upset and frustrated as the day goes on due to them being tired.

There are newer employer reviews for YMCA