YMCA

www.ymca.net

Rewarding, Enriching, and a journey of Self-Growth and Discovery.

Swim Instructor (Current Employee) Port Huron, MI

ProsStaff bonds together like a family and there is a great job satisfaction with teaching children how to preform an essential lifeskill (swimming in my case.) This is especially true when working with a disadvantaged or special needs child, to see the way their face lights up when they know they are mastering a specific skill, especially after a long period of learning.

ConsManagement sometimes does not understand how a certain department is run and therefore will issue decisions that are unreasonable but have to be complied with anyways. This usually causes a host of problems that the department takes the heat for before the issue is resolved.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that the department heads are truly in charge and let them manage their own areas of expertise. Positive interaction with employees also goes a long way, because most employees are younger and intimidated by big management executives, so smiles and encouragement helps break down barriers!

Toxic Environment

Director (Current Employee) Spokane, WA

I have been working at YMCA part-time

Pros: I have no positive words to share! Cons: Absurdly low pay for extremely high expectations, almost nonexistant support for certain programs, high turnover of many dept., extremely bad attitudes @ YMCA all around,… Advice to Senior Management: Start providing an honest, reasonably competitive, supportive, flexible, professional work… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A lot of ladoff

Bookkeeper (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at YMCA full-time for more than a year

Pros: no reason to work there and waist your time unless… Cons: best lad off ever, do not work for those people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on YMCA.

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!