YMCA

www.ymca.net

Fun place for a part time job- Glad mine wasn't full time!

Technique Swim Coach (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI enjoyed my time at the Y. As a technical swim coach I was only there to correct the strokes of the upper athlete’s, get paid (pretty well) and go home. I would show up my 2 lanes would be reserved, my kids would be ready on deck, equipment would be in the locker, we would do our thing and be done. I was never asked to contribute to the pool such as checking chemicals, cleaning, pulling tarps (all those really fun things) nor would it make since for me to as I was not there for open or close. PERFECT.

ConsI didn't experience any con's while employed as a coach with the Y. I was very part time; in and out in less than 2 hours and on to the next pool. But I could see others that were stuck for entirely too long in the same chair "guarding" the pool with no relief. While other days I would come in and walk past the child care area where there were 15 terrible off the wall kids with one poor employee. It just seemed understaffed and I am sure underpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementRotate your lifeguards. Besure that your childcare ratio is not up to code but BETTER. The state code is terrible, I ran a summer camp for years... it doesn't work. Employee incentives – Enough said.

Making a difference in the community.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mukilteo, WA

I have been working at YMCA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: This Y is focused on meeting needs in the community. Supervisors care… Cons: The Y is a first time employer for many people, so turn-over can be high, which can affect… Advice to Senior Management: Keep focusing on the important needs in the community. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lots of Fun, Lots of Work

I have been working at YMCA

Pros: Full and busy schedule keeps you active and engaged, and the work life… Cons: Very full schedule- on duty 22 hours a day. Advice to Senior Management: Keep changing kids' lives. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on YMCA.

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!