YMCA
3.5 of 5 1,074 reviews
www.ymca.net Chicago, IL 150 to 499 Employees

Front Desk Staff

Front Desk Associate (Former Employee)
Dripping Springs, TX

I worked at YMCA part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work environment and perfect for anyone who's looking for a part-time job. Working the front desk position will sharpen your people skills and teach you the importance of good customer service. The company really values their customers and promotes a positive atmosphere. Tasks mainly include checking in the guests, answering phones, selling memberships and promoting the YMCA programs.

ConsSome days can be very slow and you are required to stay sedentary at the desk. It makes your shift seem twice as long and all you can really do is busywork or paper-filing.

Advice to Senior ManagementI enjoyed the management and my only advice to them is to keep up the great work.

ymca

I have been working at YMCA

Pros: its great when you want to work with children you build your experience and learn so many… Cons: there are no cons not that i can think of More

People were nice, pay was okay

Guard (Former Employee)
Atchison, KY

I worked at YMCA part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible hours, access to facilities. great location, basketball, raquetball, sauna,… Cons: Unruly patrons, decent upkeep. Some nights were more desirable to work than others...open swim was terrible.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on YMCA.

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at YMCA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for YMCA CEO Neil Nicoll. All reviews posted anonymously by YMCA employees.