YMCA

There are newer employer reviews for YMCA

Not worth it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pottstown, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pottstown, PA

I have been working at YMCA part-time (more than an year)

Pros

discounted family membership
could work another job along with this one

Cons

pay is very low. depending on your department you could work only an hour a day.

manage your teams. i dont feel that you interact with us enough. dont ask us to do something that you yourself is unwilling to do. stop making us feel like crap for saying no to working extra shifts.

1535 Other Employee Reviews for YMCA (View Most Recent)

Good experience, poor management

I worked at YMCA part-time

Pros

Easy and flexible shifts, opportunities to work with lots of departments at once leads to excellent resume building

Cons

Working for a nonprofit means there is no money for well-earned pay raises, and the management changes quickly, so every year you are learning a new system. As a result, a full-time/part-time rift develops.

YMCA is a great program

Former Employee - Aquatics in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Aquatics in Louisville, KY

I worked at YMCA part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was an awesome fit for a new mom of 2 tiny people. A great way to get out of the house, take my kids to work with me, have them cared for for free & get a free membership. Recommend as a great PT job for stay at home moms.

Cons

One of the poorest ran organizations I have ever been a part of. Really unfortunate because they had some fabulous people working for them. Did not know how to keep top talent.
    I have been affiliated with other YMCAS across the nation, and this group is quite a special circumstance. I love what the Y is all about & would recommend this to new moms with a word of caution of they are in Louisville. They are about as unchristian as it gets, and do not uphold the philosophy. Very hypocritical, greedy, and fake.

Leadership is much more than a title.

There are newer employer reviews for YMCA