YMCA

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for YMCA

Great Company

I worked at YMCA

Pros

Working at the YMCA was a great and rewarding experience, very nice coworkers and a very relaxed work environement which was nice

Cons

the work could get fairly boring depending on what department I worked in during the day but it was not as bad as it could have been

1751 Other Employee Reviews for YMCA (View Most Recent)

Fun and worthwhile but a bid unorganized

Current Employee - Summer Camp Counselor in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Summer Camp Counselor in Frederick, MD

I have been working at YMCA part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Is a great experience and you can learn a lot from interacting with so many people. Lots of hours available if you are willing to take them.

Cons

Not very organized, often seemed to be lacking a plan and scrambling to fill positions on any given day. Sometimes seems as if they were simply relying on the the lower level employees to simply wing it without much direction and a limited budget

Lay out the guidelines of what you are expecting better so you aren't forced to continually send out emails telling people they cannot do things.

Provided valuable experience for a first-time job.

Current Employee - Member Services/After-School Site Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Member Services/After-School Site Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at YMCA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to meet a variety of people and practice professional interpersonal skills. Management and staff worked well together and showed respect and friendliness not only to each other, but to members and visitors.

Cons

If I knew I could make a decent living working with this organization I would go back in a heartbeat. But unfortunately I barely made enough to pay the bills.

Recognizing your staff's hard work and offering incentives/bonuses will go a long way in attracting and maintaining employees.

There are newer employer reviews for YMCA