YMCA

www.ymca.net
  www.ymca.net
There are newer employer reviews for YMCA

Great experience, terrible job.

Current Employee - Aquatics in Monroe, WA
Current Employee - Aquatics in Monroe, WA

I have been working at YMCA part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great way to get to know your community and provide a positive influence on good people.

Cons

Horrible hours, pay and communications by middle management. Our facility and department had some of the highest satisfaction ratings in the country. Management keeps leading us on with promises of promotions and our 3% yearly raise eleven months of the year and then when the time comes they say its not in the budget. Five years of lies and dishonest tactics by middle and upper management have left a very sour taste in my mouth and concerns with upper leadership in this organization.

Be honest and communicate. There is a huge divide and abuse of power. We see them sitting and chatting all day while we do the work and they reap the benefits.

1602 Other Employee Reviews for YMCA (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Asheville, NC

I have been working at YMCA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a great place to get introduced the the community. You leave work satisfied knowing you are doing something good for your community.

Cons

The pay is not great but when working for a non profit, you should be working for the cause not the money. Due to many people working here for the greater good of the community, you get to meet some wonderful individuals.

What you would expect as a lifegaurd

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Ormond Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Ormond Beach, FL

I worked at YMCA part-time (less than an year)

Pros

There were very few incidents at the pool which make the job really easy. There was usually enough staff that you got plenty of breaks and never had to spend too much time out in the sun

Cons

The facility is literally falling a part. The mangers aren't very helpful if you have questions (or they just aren't around at all)

There are newer employer reviews for YMCA