YMCA

www.ymca.net
There are newer employer reviews for YMCA

A fun place to work with people of my own community.

Current Employee - Welcome Center Front Desk in Monroe, NY
Current Employee - Welcome Center Front Desk in Monroe, NY

I have been working at YMCA part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love the people I work with and work for. It also give me the opportunity to give back to a community that I have been a part of for close to 20 years, while staying fit and healthy at the same time. Our community has needed a facility like this for a long time and I'm just happy to be a part of it now that it's here.

Cons

The pay could be better. I have been here for almost 3 years, and only saw one raise and that's because I took on more responsibility. The increases across the board were menial at best, almost an insult to the work we do. We were promised increases within the first 90 days of employ and were deferred by the board of directors and it seems we are always deferred when it comes time for our annual reviews and increases.

Pay your employees a decent wage and reward those that have remained loyal from the start.

1684 Other Employee Reviews for YMCA (View Most Recent)

Good first summer job.

Former Employee - Day Camp Leader in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Day Camp Leader in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at YMCA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good first summer job for getting work experience and learning to manage groups of people. Working with kids can be a lot of fun and very rewarding.

Cons

Upper management is highly disorganized, the best staff often leave out of frustration.

Good Job Experience

Former Employee - Maintenance in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Maintenance in El Paso, TX

I worked at YMCA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Get too know different people, civilian and military. Something new too do everyday.

Cons

Pay rate is very low, compared too the going local economy wages, I understand that a lot of the workers do volunteer, and can help with a lot of the work, But the hired staff are trained, and experience professionals, certified to do their job. and should be paid for their work and services.

Management Staff, needs more training in people skills, and customer service experience.

There are newer employer reviews for YMCA