YMCA
3.5 of 5 1,228 reviews
www.ymca.net Chicago, IL 150 to 499 Employees

I've been a fitness instructor for several years and I love it!

Fitness Instructor (Current Employee)
Grand Rapids, MI

ProsFriendly people. Non-profit agency. Helpful bosses. Flexibility, if I need someone to sub for me, there is usually someone available. Nice community environment.

ConsThere really aren't any cons. The worst thing I have to do is get recertified in CPR and First Aid and the training is very boring. I also have to complete an annual training about child abuse and neglect, but I do not work with children - only adults come to my classes.

Lifeguarding at the YMCA

YMCA Lifeguard (Current Employee)
    Hannibal, MO

I have been working at YMCA part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The pros that go along with lifeguarding are simple. You get to work with amazing people, save lives and learn… Cons: Unfortunately even though they offer a raise in there contract I never saw one in all three… Advice to Senior Management: If you see an employee who works hard and is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Amazing!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at YMCA

Pros: Quality Staff, great place to start career! I worked here during… Cons: Pay not so hot and sometimes members will give you… More
There are newer reviews on YMCA.

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at YMCA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for YMCA CEO Neil Nicoll. All reviews posted anonymously by YMCA employees.