There are newer employer reviews for YMCA

I've been a fitness instructor for several years and I love it!

Current Employee - Fitness Instructor in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Fitness Instructor in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at YMCA part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly people. Non-profit agency. Helpful bosses. Flexibility, if I need someone to sub for me, there is usually someone available. Nice community environment.

Cons

There really aren't any cons. The worst thing I have to do is get recertified in CPR and First Aid and the training is very boring. I also have to complete an annual training about child abuse and neglect, but I do not work with children - only adults come to my classes.

reviews filtered by
  1. Lifeguarding at the YMCA

Current Employee - YMCA Lifeguard in Hannibal, MO
    Current Employee - YMCA Lifeguard in Hannibal, MO

I have been working at YMCA part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pros that go along with lifeguarding are simple. You get to work with amazing people, save lives and learn about the fitness industry. You also get a free membership so you can learn about the rest of the industry.

Cons

Unfortunately even though they offer a raise in there contract I never saw one in all three years. I don't know if this applies to all YMCA but, thats what happened in my situation.

If you see an employee who works hard and is dedicated give encouragement and recommendations on how to move up.

2. Amazing!

I worked at YMCA

Pros

Quality Staff, great place to start career! I worked here during high school and it worked as a perfect after school job.

Cons

Pay not so hot and sometimes members will give you a really hard time about things.

There are newer employer reviews for YMCA