YMCA

There are newer employer reviews for YMCA

Great People, Great environment

Former Employee - Summer Camp Counselor in Rabun Gap, GA
Former Employee - Summer Camp Counselor in Rabun Gap, GA

I worked at YMCA part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The friendly staff will make you feel comfortable in any environment. As a Camp counselor, I made memories that will last me a lifetime, and I am sure that many of my fellow counselors would agree.
The working environment in at Lake Burton in the north GA mountains felt both serene and beautiful.
Working as a counselor afforded me free meals and a place to sleep for 3 weeks in which I never had to spend a cent.

Cons

The pay was less than I would have preferred, but the experience was definitely worth it. Only come here if you aren't in a financial squeeze.

1595 Other Employee Reviews for YMCA (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Former Employee - Lifeguard and Swim Instructor in Guilderland, NY
    Former Employee - Lifeguard and Swim Instructor in Guilderland, NY

I worked at YMCA part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There's a good sense of community at the YMCA. The employees try to help each other out and work together for the most part. Overall, it's a good place to start a part time job, and I hear full time benefits are good.

Cons

The pay. Because the YMCA is a nonprofit, the pay isn't great, and because of recent budget cuts, you don't get too many raises, even after being there for years. The members though, because they pay so much each month for membership, tend to think that they own you and can do whatever they like.

Offer some type of incentive for teaching swim lessons as a lifeguard.

Positive experience overall, staff are nice.

Current Employee - Lifeguard
    Current Employee - Lifeguard

I have been working at YMCA part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyed my time with the YMCA, staff are dedicated to helping the patrons. Facility I worked at had seen better years, but I heard they recently renovated it.

Cons

Really can't think of any cons. Just show up to work and do your job and everything will go well.

There are newer employer reviews for YMCA