Great company

Pros

Start up feel but with corporate backing.

Cons

Large orginization and turn over.

Advice to Management

Keep the good employees happy with pay adjustments.

Other Employee Reviews for YP

Great Job-If you like bully style management and are ok with possibly having a heart attack by 35!

Current Employee - Media Consultant
    Current Employee - Media Consultant

I have been working at YP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good money if you are a good producer.

Cons

This company has a management mentality of a bully. They're expectations are that you work 15 hours a day to make deadlines work and widgetize the sales products while not really caring whats best for the advertiser. There is absolutely NO positve motivation in their sales culture and I would say a majority of the reps are contemplating leaving or taking a stress leave to get away from this job.

Advice to Management

My advice would be for Management to actually get in the car and do a reps job for a couple of months, so that they can understand what our job entails. There is a HUGE disconnect in what they think our jobs will allow us to do. Somehow, they think that its ok to cut our salary by 25% while most reps "owe" the company $$ and work us 15 hour days... Yes, I said OWE the company money! T

Here there be dunning-kruger effect

I have been working at YP full-time

Pros

9-5 hours You can't be fired

Cons

Engineering management is a trainwreck. The entire chain of engineering leadership, with a few notable exceptions, from top to bottom is arrogent and incompetent. The reason for this is that many of these managers have never worked anywhere else and have benefited from cronyism. The San Francisco office, in particular, is quite funny. Here nestled in the city of San Francisco among some of the greatest tech startups in the world is a third world country type company that doesn't really have a reason to exist.

Advice to Management

Fire yourself and get innovate, passionate leaders who have humility and talent. I know you think you are really good, but...your not.