There are newer employer reviews for YP

Feels like working at a startup.

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at YP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am learning a lot from my sales manager about outside sales and the advertising industry. I am meeting new business owners in the community and building a great network.

Cons

It is like working for survival. Turnover rate is high, so you must be dedicated to performing at the top of your game every day or else you'll fail and want to quit.

446 Other Employee Reviews for YP (View Most Recent)

Steep Learning Curve

I worked at YP

Pros

Protected accounts, ability to make an above average income, even for the SF Bay Area. Steady 40 hour work week, with no overtime, plenty of chances to earn extra time off, besides paid holidays, fast paced environment, but decent atmosphere overall.

Cons

Of course being a telemarketing position it required a lot of phone work, a lot! Very steep learning curve for at least 6-12 months. Can be very stressful at certain times of every campaign, not for the faint of heart in many ways.

A fair amount of the management got their positions due to failing as a telemarketer or outside sales rep, strange but very true. Management talent is very lopsided and can be the difference as to whether or not a new sales rep makes it through their for year, a fair number drop out either in training or on the job due to lack or proper management support and knowledge. Upper management needs to open their eyes quite a bit more in these areas. This information could also be considered under the "cons" section.

YP- moving in a good direction

Current Employee - New Media in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - New Media in Austin, TX

I have been working at YP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay here is amazing

Cons

The restructuring of the company makes many processeses difficult

Promote from within