There are newer employer reviews for YP

Good and Bad. Fast Paced. Lack of Diversity in the Top Leadership Team. Owned by a financial investment firm.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at YP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and some good managers. The office environment is not too bad. Many people have a positive outlook. The environment is never the same and is always changing.

Cons

Lack of diversity. Lack of clear processes and procedures. Manual environment. Most people are stuck there because this company used to be a part of AT&T. Owned by an investment firm so not sure how that will play out in the future. Commissions always seemed to be inaccurate.

Advice to Management

Take more time to thoroughly vet through a project plan during the planning stage. Initiatives are rolled out too quickly without proper planning and communication. That is why projects tend to fail. The veteran managers and the newer managers need to get on the same page and quit fighting with each other over whose view is right. Compromise.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

YP does not seem to care for their employees.

Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at YP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent entry level job opportunity for recent grads.

Cons

A month before my start date, I had to withdraw my acceptance due to personal reasons. I informed my recruiter and manager of my situation and sought any options. I did not ever receive a response from either, and became aware of them contacting a colleague of mine for the position on the SAME day I had reported my withdrawl. This does not reflect any level of care or consideration for the people that would be filling their jobs, as they simply discarded my notice and moved on without a word. I still have not heard a thing and have no idea technically if I am employed by them or not.

Advice to Management

Care a little bit about the people you are recruiting to do your jobs and offer basic, professional treatment of others. (Like a simple reply, let alone an automated one.)

2. Depends on location.

Former Employee - Premise Account Executive in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Premise Account Executive in Henderson, NV

I worked at YP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent salary and commission. Some markets are better than others depending on the main Bell operating company. Products vary. California or Reno markets are best in my opinion. I worked 9 years with AT&T Interactive now yp.com.

Cons

Henderson, NV location required long hours and communication on weekends for outside reps. Customer service for internet based products was terrible. I do not recommend the Las Vegas office.

Advice to Management

Do not over work your team. The boot camp style training was unsupportive and demeaning.