There are newer employer reviews for YPM

Horrible!

I worked at YPM

Pros

If you enjoy data-entry, micro-management and have no marketing/advertising experience, then this would be a fit.

Cons

Don't let the Media Manager title be misleading. The role consists primarily of data-entry and clerical work for the yellow pages, and you are micro-managed through it all. The training program is not effective and management has no trust for the people they lead. Be prepared to have all of your work and email communication checked by your manager prior to completing anything on your own, or for things they really don't trust you on, management will have to do it for you. The company's policy's are very old-fashion and inflexible - don't plan on having access to the outside world during the hours of 8AM - 5 PM (cell phones are not allowed). And although the Media Manager role is an exempt position, your time is managed as if you were a non-exempt employee. Would not recommend this role unless you are truly looking for an entry-level position.

This is an entry-level role, hire people who are truly entry-level. Trust the people who work for you. Review your company policies....we are in the year 2011.

10 Other Employee Reviews for YPM (View Most Recent)

Professional, Demanding & Satisfying place to work

I worked at YPM

Pros

YPM employees some of the best people around. There is no fat at this company. Everyone who has been there for any length of time is very competent at their job. I believe the pay is very fair with what the job entails. The training is fantastic and gives any solid employee the tools to succeed.

Cons

The job is demanding (like any job). If you cannot operate at a high level, it will be communicated to you. To me this is still a "pro." This goes back to YPM only wanting the very best.

None, other than to trust the people that work for you. They are great, but I know management knows this.

Dont work here

Former Employee - Project Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at YPM

Pros

You get to be an order taker for yellow page directories.

Cons

Poor Management, Dead End Career, Micro-Managers, Not a fun Place to Work, and Yellow Pages to name a few.

Im sorry you still work there.

There are newer employer reviews for YPM