YRC Worldwide

www.yrcw.com

This place is a mess

Current Employee - Dock Supervisor  in  Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Dock Supervisor in Columbus, OH

Pros

Great co-workers!!! Could actually be a decent job with right upper management.

Cons

Senior management. These guys are a joke! Micro- managed by people who leave their office once a day and think they actually know how to do your job. Low moral.

Get lost. Hire some real upper management.

Other reviews for YRC Worldwide

Okay while it lasted

Former Employee - Dock Worker  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Dock Worker in Dallas, TX

Pros

Casual dock you got to make your own schedule

Cons

Management sucked the entire time there

Start at the bottom an rebuild throughout the top.

the good, the bad, to now the ugly job of rebuilding

Current Employee - Driver/Dock Worker  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Driver/Dock Worker in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Fair wage even after wage concessions, good insurance program. The tractors for city operation are mostly retired line haul units. All of the drivers will argue the good, and the bad part of them, but, they are still better than the units of the past.

Cons

The truly lack of leadership from the supervisor. They know when someone is messing up and damaging our customers freight but look the other way. Then they have the nerve to come up to you, and say you have to pick up the pace to make up the difference. Also, the city dispatch says to call in after every 4th stop, and they don't answer the phone.You leave a message, then they call you back and jump all over you for not calling in. You tell them you left a message, and after a few more negative comments about your performance they admit they don't know how to receive their messages left on the voice mail. Besides, they say they don't have time.

Please look into why we have so many failed time criticals. Also, why does line hall show up in late afternoon with it? Please look into a way us dark terminals have access to what is picked up and en route to our location so we can plan ahead, to better serve our customers. Instead of making a change of operations, why in the world can't we fix our roofs on most of our trailers. Why are they even being loaded on when they can clearly see the holes in them. When can we go back to finding out our terminals O.R.? None of these suggestions are hard to fix, we hear of taking care of our customers. Why not prove it by, #1- listen to them, and react to their negative feelings of our management. #2- Discipline those that damage our freight, and our equipment. #3- Start listening to your drivers on the city routes. They are the best way to finding out our customers needs, instead of trying to shove something to them they don't want. How many more customers do we have to loose before someone starts to listen? Most of our customers say they are giving us the freight because of the driver. Not the company, when our rates are comparable to other carriers.

There are newer employer reviews for YRC Worldwide.

Worked for YRC Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!