YRC Worldwide

Good money, no life

Dockworker (Former Employee)
San Bernardino, CA

I worked at YRC Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWorking here was great at first until Roadway merged with Yellow freight and turned the place upside down. I worked here for seven years and after the merger was layed off (not enough seniorty) You would think after seven years of service that would amount to something.

ConsIf you get a job here you can say goodbye to your life. You will be on call for years and must be ready to work at any time of the day or night. There are five daily shifts and you will work probably three different shifts per week and guess what, if they don't call one day congrats you just had a day off sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. Good Luck!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy employees make good employees!!!

Customer Care

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Urbandale, IA

I worked at YRC Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good Money to start off with, quick pay raises as… Cons: Training plans-made a transition and added a new entity which required a lot of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

They waste all of their money!

Road Driver (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

I have been working at YRC Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: When it is good, it is really good. The flow of… Cons: Freight slowly decreasing, company falling apart. Very poor upper management. Sneeky back door deals and corrupt politics. They want the drivers to take pay cuts… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on YRC Worldwide.

Worked for YRC Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at YRC Worldwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for YRC Worldwide CEO James L. Welch. All reviews posted anonymously by YRC Worldwide employees.