Long-time employee

Current Employee - Linehaul-Over the Road Driver in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Linehaul-Over the Road Driver in Orlando, FL

I have been working at YRC Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good bennies and pay package

Cons

Company deep in debt.... Almost went into bankruptcy

Other Employee Reviews for YRC Worldwide

Good money, no life

Former Employee - Dockworker in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Dockworker in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at YRC Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working here was great at first until Roadway merged with Yellow freight and turned the place upside down. I worked here for seven years and after the merger was layed off (not enough seniorty) You would think after seven years of service that would amount to something.

Cons

If you get a job here you can say goodbye to your life. You will be on call for years and must be ready to work at any time of the day or night. There are five daily shifts and you will work probably three different shifts per week and guess what, if they don't call one day congrats you just had a day off sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. Good Luck!!!!

Advice to Management

Happy employees make good employees!!!

2. joyfull and complete.testament that unions although not perfect, does work.

Current Contractor - Linehaul Driver in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Contractor - Linehaul Driver in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at YRC Worldwide as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management has the experiance and the added wealth of the union to pull competant labor from.A pay scale the actually allows you to pay bills and support a family.

Cons

Shortsightedness or lack of vision of what YRC could be .We are all human, mistakes were made some worse than others .we are all to blame for them .

Advice to Management

We need updating from one end to the other, painting the walls is not keeping up with technology. Everyone needs to be reminded that we are not too big too fail.I have come from a OTR company and i have seen far worse "very poor management that literally craps on you " but would make up the difference by stealing from the employees ,those companys have a VERY high turn over for a reason. We have a company that has far reaching capabilities and the ability to service our customers that our competition can not compete with.Company pride is low,again this is ignorance that we only look at ourselves and inwards and not at others and outwards which would remind us that we still have the best envirement for growth and profit. The only thing we need to fear is ourselves.