YWCA

www.ywca.org

Cheers!

Advocate (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsIt's a very rewarding place to work, and the managment is flexible with scheduling. It is understood most of the women have families, and our families are as valued as those we serve. It is also a supportive environment and there are opportunities for growth as they seem to prefer to promote from within when applicable. There is a lot of opportunity to gain the skills needed in the helping profession. You meet and work with people of all types and backrounds.

ConsThe pay. Non-Profits tend to be underfunded and understaffed. I make very little money for the kind of work I do. This job can be mentally and emotionaly difficult and it is sometimes hard to keep your sanity.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really like the women I work for. There are some things I think could change, but nothing significant and the details would make it too obvious who I am!

YWCA as Employer

Social Services Employee (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at YWCA as a contractor

Pros: Higher than average wages + extended benefits + pension plan Cons: All of the above creates an atmosphere of office gossip, backstabbing, internal favourism & preferential treatment as well as disrespect for the skills, education,… Advice to Senior Management: Need a serious wake up call and independent auditing on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great work life balance.

Employment Counsellor (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at YWCA as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Flex time enable you to work a little longer each day and take every other Friday (or whatever day you choose)… Cons: Hires career services staff on contracts which have to be renewed each year. When funding… Advice to Senior Management: Improve salaries. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on YWCA.

Worked for YWCA? Contribute to the Community!